These amazing Shimano Deore Dyna-Drive pedals utilise an over-sized (1″!) axle to put the pedal body lower down, it was something Shimano believed very strongly in for about 4 years. The pedal system was used on their touring group, and a couple of aerodynamic road groups including a version of Dura-Ace and they are now hard to find specific pedals for.
Before it became an MTB group the first generation of Deore was for tourists and pass-hunters alike, the parts were well thought through and the logo is (IMO) among the best Shimano produced. Unlike the other Dyna-Drive pedals the Deore version makes use of a standard toe clip and strap (not included), and typically it can be rebuilt and serviced.
- Model: PD-DE10
- For Dyna-Drive (over-sized, Shimano specific) cranks only
- Pair of pedals for left and right
- No toe clips or straps included
- May not come with a box, they don’t all have them
- Weighs: 557 grams per pair
- Made in Japan