A handbuilt 650B rim brake wheelset with sealed bearing hubs and tubeless compatible rims, a brilliant way of transforming the ride of your road or mountain bike. The benefits of going to 650B from either 700c or 26″ are numerous and whilst there are a high number of wheelsets available for disc brakes there are much less options for bikes with cantilever or caliper brakes.
The wheels comprise great quality, tubeless compatible Kinlin rims with a nice wide tyre seat handbuilt with silver double butted Alipna spokes to silver NovaTec hubs with sealed bearings and a 7/8/9/10/11 speed Shimano freehub. Offering an up-to-date tubeless compatible rim with an 11 speed freehub body means these wheels are suitable for modern bikes and are also backwards compatible with older bikes too.
In combination with a longer drop caliper brake for 700c wheeled road bikes or a cantilever or V brake with adjustable height for 26″ wheeled touring or mountain bikes a 650B rim brake wheelset can offer wider tyres for comfort (but no less speed!), reduced toe overlap and improved rolling over rough terrain.
- Pair of 650B wheels, front and rear
- Tyre size also referred to as 584 or 27.5″
- Tubeless compatible rims (will require tubeless tape, valves, sealant and tubeless tyres – not included)
- Sealed bearing NovaTec hubs – F172 front; A171 rear
- Shimano 11 speed compatible freehub can be used with 7, 8, 9 and 10 speed cassettes with spacers
- Quick release skewers included
- 100 mm OLN front, 130 mm OLN rear
- 32 hole hubs and rims
- Handbuilt in the UK with Alpina DB spokes
- 1775 grams per pair (without skewers)
We are able to offer a number of other options including: Campagnolo freehub verions; 9 speed Campagnolo hubs; 8/9 speed 135 mm spaced MTB hubs; Screw-on freewheel hubs; UG hubs for 126 mm OLN; SunXCD hubs and black spokes or hubs too – get in touch with your requirements!